1/22/2004

Happy New Year folks. Chuc Mung Nam Moi. It's the Year of the Monkey, so yeah, good fortunes and good health. According to the Lunar Calendar, it's the year 4702. Damn, and just when I was starting to get used to writing 4701 on my checks.

Anyone who watched the preview for American Idol's California episode next week might have seen them poke fun at an Asian guy who was singing pretty horribly. (Actually, all Asians seem to be voted out long before the real competition begins.) If you don't remember him, he had the haircut of Datman and said he had no professional training whatsoever. It surprised me to see the person walking by me at the bus stop was him. I guess he goes to Berkeley. And that's sad.

Speaking of Berkeley sightings, I'm sorry, I haven't seen Gordo from Lizzie McGuire.

Anyone driving down University Avenue should make sure they are driving at the ridiculous speed limit of 25 for the next few days. They put up one of those speed radars that shows you how fast you were driving. For the past few days, the police have been waiting at corners to pull people over for those speeding. At one point, 5 cars were pulled over at once. And Berkeley's worried about a budget deficit?

No comments: