4/13/2006

Does it look like I need another job? Yeah, I don't think so. I'm happy where I am. Yet, random people come up to me with thoughts otherwise. I got an email from a company I interviewed at last year saying they had a couple of new openings they think I would be "very interested" in. It was a nice company and all but I don't think I could stand the drive to Foster City. And when one of your competitors is Google, there may be no hope.

Then I was at Fry's and this Indian guy comes up next to me looking at the same stuff. We make small talk and once I say I work in finance, he's busting out business cards and saying he owns a small business in need of some finance guys. It seemed like a struggling small business (something about health and wellness) so I quickly gave him my old cell number and was off.

You know where I should work...computer repair. Those people are making money hand over fist. You see, my laptop's broken. I can still use it and all, but the hinges holding up the LCD aren't doing their job anymore. So it's not really a laptop, it's more of a desktop you have to push against a wall. So I'm calling around and the prevailing estimate would seem to be $200. Geez, might as well break out the crazy glue.

No comments: