12/28/2005

First of all, I got a new cell number so to find out, e-me or IM-me to get it. Now to some rants.

On Christmas Day, we wanted to go see something light and festive at the movie theatre and there were plenty to choose from including Cheaper by the Dozen 2 and Rumor Has It. So with so many to choose from, we settled on Munich, the account of the assassinations carried out after the hostage situation at the 1972 Munich Olympics.

We went to the new Eastridge theatres, but a few things irked me. The lines were loooong. The theatre is very poorly designed. You walk in and the concession stand is right there but the nearest screen is quite literally a mile away. And if you're at screen 15, well, you've got another mile to walk. All around, there are collages of memorable movie scenes. But honestly, how memorable could Twins, Nine Months, and the new Charlie's Angels be?

Two reasons why you should not get exercise equipment as a gift for a loved one. One, the loved one might interpret it as though she were fat. Second, you get some stooge to spend his whole afternoon assembling the damn thing. So my dad got my mom an air walker. In fairness, my mom asked for one, but I don't think she was that serious. So it was up to me to assemble it. With nine stick figure diagrams and screws too big for the holes they've drilled, I managed to assemble the thing in less than 6 hours. There's a number included in the package urging you to pay $120 for a professional to assemble it for you. Hey, I'll only charge $60 and do a half-ass job too. At least it works, I think I think.

Went to the Sharks game tonite. They played a solid 40 minutes until they realized it was a 60-minute game. The Sharks gave up 4 goals in 3 minutes. The trade for Joe Thornton is quickly losing its luster as the holes on defense begin materializing once again.

Thanks to all who came to my birthday dinner. Even got Akshay, Jeanette, and Steves to join. Sid crashed too. Fun was had by all...at least I hope so. When I got home, my brother was waiting with the third of three Harry Potter cakes he bought his GF. They were cakes made to look like the first three books of the Harry Potter series.

Ok, hope your haul this holiday season was plentiful.

No comments: