8/06/2005

Happy Birthday Jeanette!

Notice how the post time for this is seven in the morning? Don't you just hate it when the body gets into the cycle of waking up early in the morning that you wake up when you just don't want to...like on a Saturday?

At work, things are running smoothly. The pricing manager is leaving for vacation, leaving one pricer on staff to handle the overload of proposals coming in the next few weeks. They were supposed to hire a new person to help out, but apparently only one person has applied. (Looked at her resume...looks much more accomplished than me, but anyway) With nowhere else to turn, they look to this newbie to help out. In the end, it means new software to learn along with another computer to put it on. (The computer will eventually be transferred to the new person.)

My manager really wanted it on Tuesday. Ok, so he put in the request on Wednesday, but he expected it to be done on Wednesday. After all, from one manager to another, he thought he could do it. But as the hours ticked away, so did his patience. Finally, Thursday afternoon, I got an email from IT saying that the computer was ready, but there was no available table to put it on, so they'd wait until I got a new desk. I told this to my manager, who became mad. He grumbled "I'll get you a desk" and stormed out of my office. I went down the hall to talk to a co-worker and when I came back, a desk was there. I went to his administrator who said that he went over to the next building and dragged a large table all the way to my office. He didn't get hurt...must've been all that adrenaline. Eventually, it took another 12 hours to set up the computer since they couldn't configure the network properly and didn't set up my access to the folders correctly. So a computer he wanted Tuesday night didn't get up and running until Friday afternoon.

I have the sneaking suspicion that IT doesn't like me.

No comments: