6/23/2005

Things continue to move along smoothly as the person who trained me went on a one-month vacation, leaving me in charge of all her duties. But still I've managed to finish everything early. Now I've got nothing to do...but don't tell my boss that.

Last Friday, I made the trip to Davis to see my cousin graduate. Nice place they've got up there...apparently, it's new. Overachiever that day? The student honoree, home-schooled prior to her Davis experience, received 33 A+'s in her 4 college years. My gosh, that's too many to count. Then the student speaker yelled out "We are engineers! Hear us roar!" and then the names were called and that was that.

Afterwards, I saw my high school twin. Huy was his name, right? Well, I'm sorry to say, it looks like he kept on that freshman 15, if you know what I mean.

After dropping by to see Di and Jimmy, I made my way home. Have you ever dozed off while driving and when you wake up, have no idea where you're at? That happened to me quite a few times. One second, you're driving at a reasonable 80. Next thing you know, you don't recognize where you are and you're going 100. Yikes. But hey, I got from Sacramento to San Jose in less than 2 hours, which is great...or dangerous.

All that freeway driving is great for the gas mileage. I got 26+ MPG when the average is about 23.

Totally unrelated, but I was reading in EW about a new reality show called Being Bobby Brown. Accompanying the article was a picture of Brown and my first thought was, man, couldn't they have gotten somebody that actually looked like Bobby Brown? Then I realized the pic was actually of Bobby Brown.

No comments: