6/13/2004

Certainly, not much has changed since I graduated three weeks ago. Sleeping is still down to a minimum. My room is still the mess I made it when I moved back. My time since moving back has been mostly spent on the computer. In the future, these things will probably be unchanged with the exception that I'll be paid. My job at Hitachi begins in earnest tomorrow at 8:30 am. I don't know much about it. I do know it's a full time adventure complete with numbers to put into spreadsheets in order to analyze them and find patterns and whatnot. I really didn't like how my new boss said that this kind of job is usually given to people with 10 years experience. My only thought was how crazy could they be by giving the job to me? Hopefully, I'll be up to the task or else they'll fire my ass very quickly. I'll let you know about my trials and tribulations in the coming weeks.

What does this mean for you? I'm going to be really busy so I probably won't have time to hang out with you. This is different from before in that I had nothing to do but I still didn't want to hang out with you.

So anyway...

Earlier this week, the Tampa Bay Lightning won the Stanley Cup, which continues the streak of San Jose being an accurate predictor of who won't win the Cup. The team which eliminates the Sharks (the Flames this year) has never gone on to win the championship. Over in basketball, the Pistons are up 3-1 on the Lakers in their championship series. No team down 3-1 has ever won the series. These Lakers are acting much like this year's Avalanche in the NHL. Both teams signed veterans, arguably past their prime, who contributed little to the team. The Avs' Paul Kariya was injured most of the season and Teemu Selanne had his worst year ever. The Lakers' Karl Malone was injured most of the season and Gary Payton is struggling mightily in the face of the team's established stars in Kobe and Shaq. The Avs were eliminated early in the Stanley Cup playoffs but the Lakers are still in it, but are on life support. Never in this series has the Lakers shown the dominance of years past and when the series is over, win or lose, most likely lose, the Lakers really need to dismantle the team and rebuild because this isn't working.

No comments: