10/27/2003

I'm sorry. I'm just a little steamed right now. That hour that got added on from daylight savings time and forced me to wake up an hour earlier brought things to a simmer. The hot weather brought things to a boil.

I've had my Hotmail account now for 6 years. It's my main email address, not like that crappy junk-mail infested thing that is my email address found on the sidebar. (Though I do check it, the ratio between real messages and junk messages is like 1 in 300.) Whenever someone sends me something interesting worth saving, I save it. So whether it's goodbye notices, important info., or funny stories (the Adventures of Pillow Boy comes to mind), it's kept in one of my Hotmail folders. That's 6 years worth of messages. It reached 400 a couple years back so I whittled it down to about 100. (I had kept some idiotic things.)

So last night, I check my email and find all the messages are blank. I click on all my inbox messages and the ones in my saved folder. They're all blank. I also found it weird when it said I'm using negative 22% of my space. So I sent support an email. Boy, those bastards at Microsoft were prompt. My email was back up and running within a few hours.

Small problem. Where 70 messages in my inbox used to be (I was a little slow in reading the letters and newsletters), now there were 2. Where 150 saved messages used to be, now there were 0. So with memories gone and nothing I can do about it, I'm a bit mad and ticked off right now. But I'll look on the bright side. It's the first time I've ever seen a green bar to note the size of my account.

No comments: