1/08/2003

There's a new dumb reality show out there called Joe Millionaire. It's like The Bachelor except that the bachelor is really a poor guy instead of a rich guy. Eh, if it works in the ratings with a rich guy, I guess it could with a poor guy. But my investment in the show will be the 5-second reaction of the "lucky" woman who finds out her man is not a millionaire. So until then, I'll be watching 24, which has a nuclear bomb, and Alias, which has bombshell Jennifer Garner.

And look, speaking of the Bachelor, they have the Bachelorette! Pass.

And Celebrity Mole! I liked the original Mole with Anderson Cooper as host. For this version, I have one question. What's putting the word celebrity in Celebrity Mole? Pass.

Star Search? I don't remember Supermodel as a category. Pass.

The Grammys announced the nominations for their upcoming awards show, and just looking at the people nominated, there's something about it that's screaming NOW! to me. Look at it: Avril Lavigne (who mispronounced David Bowie's name, Bow-ie instead of Bo-wie, that was awful), Vanessa Carlton, Nelly, Norah Jones, Dixie Chicks, Ashanti, Michelle Branch, etc. Who was left out? Garage bands with the word 'the' in front. And what the heck is the difference between the record of the year and the song of the year? It looks the same to me. And not only that, they've got various vocal performance categories recognizing, what else, songs! Maybe it really is that easy to get a Grammy.

Bonus note: The opening of the Curry in Hurry restaurant coincided with the opening of a restaurant called Lip and Rib a few doors down. Who's coming up with these names? Yes, I know the lip refers to how the meat is cut, but will the average person know that?

No comments: