9/30/2002

I'm up damn early again this morning as it was yesterday. I popped my kneecap a certain way on Saturday and the pain is killing me. Oh sure, I can walk and life is running somewhat smoothly, but it hurts so much.

Berkeley held its annual "How Berkeley Can You Be?" festival and parade yesterday. It's a way Berkeleyans can show off their diversity, whether it's in terms of race, affluence, or history. And it's held on University Avenue, down the street from my apartment. So how Berkeley was I yesterday? Umm yeah, I fled home to San Jose for the weekend.

Cal lost another football game this weekend, this time to Washington State 48-38, who always beats them here for some reason. They did tie it up at 38 but there was too much time left for the Cougars to recover. SJSU beat UTEP 52 to something. Their football program is threatened by new rules concerning attendance. Every football team needs to be watched by at least 15,000 among other requirements. Even with a big fiesta before the game and the bonus of counting every warm body there (including the ushers, the security guards, the media covering the game), they could only muster 10,000.

No comments: