8/03/2002

My aunt and uncle celebrated their 25th anniversary last night. Leading up to it, they talked on and on about hiring a live band for the young people at the party. After watching their performance, I must say, I will never have a live band perform for me anywhere. This band, named "Passion", wasn't bad. Its just that their performance really stood out by the antics of the male lead singer, who bears a striking resemblance to that bassist from No Doubt. He was an energetic fellow, always a few notches ahead on the energy scale compared to the audience and his fellow band members; possibly high, possibly gay, I'm not sure. While barely any of the young people danced (they were quickly heading out the door or took refuge in the back of the restaurant), my sister and I couldn't help from laughing by this guy's gestures and pointing. Even the band chuckled a little as if he was the new guy. (Maybe he was.)

After that, we headed home. Remember when I ranted about Speed becoming an American Movie Classic? They've now added Short Circuit to their list of movies. Now it certainly wasn't a classic. It did have a robot and I did like the movie, but it ain't a classic. For one thing, it stars Steve Guttenberg.

No comments: