8/05/2007

I'm writing to you live from Washington D.C. as I'm on vacation for the next few days. After flying to Chicago in coach a month ago and flying to D.C. in first class, I don't have to tell you which was the better flying experience.

This weekend, The Bourne Ultimatum and Hot Rod were released and the two have decidedly different critical opinions. Bourne is a great, great film. If you hadn't seen the last two films in the series for a while, like me, you might get a little lost when catching up with the story. But when you see Jason beat up 6 guys buy himself, you'll get right back into the game as we figure out his origins.

Andy Samberg and his writing crew just might be the greatest 5-minute writing team there is today. But that doesn't mean Hot Rod, at a lengthy 80 minutes, is a great film. It's not. Not by a longshot. It reminds me a lot of Napoleon Dynamite, a pointless exercise that has nevertheless received a cult following. I mean, come on, who does Andy think he is in this film after going through all those stunts unscathed? Homer Simpson?

No comments: