1/27/2006

I was in Neiman Marcus in SF yesterday when this mother and daughter duo started racking up the clothes. The saleswoman who accompanied them asked them to tell their story again within earshot of me. Apparently, they had come straight from the airport because the airline had lost the daughter's luggage. If you had lost your luggage, would you be buying emergency clothes for hundreds if not thousands of dollars when they'll probably find your luggage within a day or so? Here's the kicker: they're from Orange County. Come on...the O.C? I guess that explains it.

When I was in that Iron Chef phase in college (still now, but not so much), one of the challengers was a Japanese cook who specialized in quick and easy meals and you know what? She whooped the Iron Chef. At the time, I thought, man, Rachael Ray, with her 30-minute meals, could also thrive in the one-hour pressure packed format. Ok, so it's in the less-entertaining Iron Chef America, but a wish has been granted. She'll be part of the premiere of the 3rd season next month.

Amazon.com thinks I'd be interested in saving 40% off bathroom furniture. Why???

I was eating at Carrows (Carrows? Yeah, umm, there was a discount.) the other day with my sister when our drinks were about a quarter full. One waitress brought us new glasses. I finished mine before starting on the new glass while my sister immediately went for the new glass. A second waiter came up a few minutes later to take the old ones away and I looked in a little bit of disbelief when he started pouring the contents of my sister's old glass into the new one. Can you really do that? The people I've talked to said it's been done before. I don't believe it. It kinda soured an experience that was better than I expected. After all, I was coming to a place whose competitors were Denny's and your typical diner.

The Four Brothers soundtrack featured a bold action theme, tense action theme, and a strong bold theme during the course of the movie. Now if we had a bold and tense story, then we'd have something.

No comments: