6/05/2005

Wouldn't life be much easier if people knew when and how to change lanes? Every morning, unnecessary lane changes lead to massive amounts of slow traffic, causing headaches during my slow commute to work. People see an opening but are slow to react to it, forcing people to slow down in both lanes. My commute consists of taking 280 every morning, which wouldn't be so bad if people knew how to merge when the lanes drop from 4 to 3. Instead, people slow down further trying to get over to the far left lane, which makes, surprisingly, the right lane the fastest lane most mornings. As a result, my 20-mile commute takes 45 minutes. Sure, I could work at 7 and avoid all of this but who in the world would want to do that?

The company gave me business cards to give out, but I've got no clue when I'm supposed to give it out. It's not like I interact with customers. Maybe they want me to win some lunches. If you want one, come and get 'em. I've got like 500 of them but I guess they're supposed to last me my whole career there.

6 weeks after I bought my car, it's got 1800 miles on it. Have I really driven it that much?

I really feel sorry for the Quiznos guy. For a couple of months, he was dressed as a soda cup with a big Quiznos logo on it and was forced to wave to people. Its quite embarrassing, especially when you have to put it on in front of the folks in their cars. Now, with summer approaching, out goes the costume and in comes just a regular sign. So now we can see his face all the time.

Anyone out there have a Mastercard I can borrow? I'll give it back...honest.

Small O's update. After sweeping the O's last week, the Tigers lost 2 out of 3 to them this weekend. But it's tough going for the Birds as the injury bug has hit, losing Javy Lopez, Sammy Sosa, and Brian Roberts. Sosa is back and Roberts is supposed to come back tomorrow, but I don't know how long the O's can handle the Gil/Fasano combo at catcher. Pitching remains strong except for the inconsistent Daniel Cabrera with the hot/cold games he brings to the table. Today, it was a hot game, giving up only 2 runs.

Finally, a warm congrats to my cousins Trang and Hung, graduating from UC Davis and Oak Grove, respectively.

No comments: