1/25/2005

Oscar nominations were announced this morning and while there were some surprises, it's a wide-open race. Where's Paul Giamatti? The Aviator got how many?

The nominations can be found here. My predictions will start in February. I was correct on 15 and 16 of them the last two years but I don't think I'll match that this year. The only true lock among the majors this year is Jamie Foxx for Ray.

With all the celebrities in the news, I figured out that if you're a stalker, you can get steady employment in the news business. How else to explain the blow-by-blow account on what happened on the island where Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston broke up including video of their boat ride and the home they were staying in. Or the news that, "at this theatre, Johnny Carson went to see The Aviator one week prior to his death." People don't want to know these things, right?

My run-in with celebrity last weekend was at my cousin's wedding where one of the invited guests was the female announcer from those Paris by Night videos. Honestly, they're up to a million of those by now, aren't they?

No comments: