8/06/2004

Yes, it's Friday just after midnight, but it's Friday nonetheless so it's time to wish Jeanette a happy birthday. So happy birthday Jeanette.


I think the building I work in just isn't working with me. For those familiar with the former IBM campus, I'm in the large blue building you can see from the highway. It's the main building covered with windows. And while it looks nice, it really is just a big metal box. And what lies within are many metal walls. And for me, that means electric shocks. Nothing like a nice jolt to wake you up in the morning when you reach out for the doorknob to the stairs. Then there's my cell phone. If you've tried to call during the workday, you've probably heard the voicemail go on. Why? No signal. But now, I can correct that statement to read weak signal. It takes laying the phone down on its side on the opposite side of the desk facing the door. I can get two bars out of that, but if it rings and I pick up, you'll have 10 seconds or so to say something before the connection cuts off.

I could've been in LA tonite watching Last Comic Standing, but that wasn't meant to be. Instead, I had to watch it in my home. But what transpired? Gary and Alonzo are obviously at the top of their respective games. But John's set about the girls in the bar was not the best that he's done. I would have rather seen Kathleen go on, but instead, I predict Alonzo wins it.

Then again, who woulda thought Dat Phan would win it last year?

No comments: