6/09/2004

Yeah, so I have a gmail account. What's the big deal? Some sites I visit nowadays now offer membership in exchange for a gmail account. Guys are selling gmail accounts. Gmail is an email service that allows for up to 1 GB of email storage. Compare that to Hotmail at 2 MB. While it is in its testing phase, it faces a controversial aspect in that Google's search engine will scan your email and produce ads that's specific to the message.

It doesn't matter to me. I'll still use Hotmail regularly. The 2 MB limit is the only thing that motivates me to read my email; to stay under the limit. Gmail will be for attachments obviously. If you've got a pic to send me or a virus you just want my system to get, send it to that address. Of course with spam all the rage, I can't just tell you my email address, but suffice it to say, it's just the same username as my Hotmail account @gmail.com.

See the email address I offer in the upper left? 30-50 spam messages a day now when there used to be none. If you ever sent a message to that, I do check it but it easily gets lost in all the junk. Of course, your message might be junk too.

No comments: