5/17/2004

Well, their backs are against the wall now. The Sharks face their first elimination game of the Stanley Cup Playoffs as they head to Calgary for a possible series-clinching Game 6 for the Flames. Filled with momentum from winning the previous two games, the Sharks were outworked yet again on home ice with Calgary jumping to yet another 2-0 lead in the first period en route to a 3-0 win. The same problems that were apparent after game 2, and fixed in games 3 and 4, have magically returned. Number one is crashing the net and generating shots. Let's hope road-ice advantage continues to force Game 7 (and then road-ice advantage can stop).

Game 6 is on Wednesday at 6 on ESPN. I can't make it. Where will I be? My last final from 5-8. By the time I make it back, I'll know if I can plan for Friday's game or not.

No comments: