2/20/2004

Remember that scene in Minority Report when Tom Cruise has just switched out his eyes and is making his way toward the refrigerator only to reach for sour milk and a rotten sandwich? That's exactly what I did this morning.

Well, not the eyes part but the rest of it is applicable.

After three hours of sleep working on a project, the alarm clock for once woke me up, but I felt drowsy yet hungry. I switched beds in the apartment and this one's a tad higher so when I stumbled out of bed, I literally fell to the floor, hitting my head on the table. Surprisingly, while it hurt, it was no help in waking me up. I made my way to the kitchen where I had cereal. It was dark but I didn't want to turn on the light. The refrigerator light was enough. I poured in the milk and started eating and yuck. The milk had turned sour. Turning on the light, I found chunks in my cereal bowl. Not the best of things to wake up to. Reflecting upon it, the milk box did say February 9. I just didn't recognize.

So what did I have instead? A zinger. What the heck's a zinger? It's a wannabe Twinkie except they have ingeniously put frosting on top. I guess that makes it last half as long as a regular Twinkie but get charged the same inflated price.

No comments: