12/18/2003

I took a final today and all I got was a lot of struggling and a huge headache. I don't think watching Lord of the Rings at midnite was such a good idea after all. Sure, it was a great movie, but I didn't get back until 5 am and I was on such a buzz, I wasn't down until seven. This after getting 3 hours of sleep the night before, and now another 4 hours Tuesday night. That was enough to get me through office hours for my last final on Thursday and Wednesday night would be full-blown cramming.

So I got home at 5, made dinner, checked my email, and started to read the material. As expected, I was fast asleep at I believe 8 pm. Not as expected was how long I'd sleep. I woke up at 8 am. Savvy math majors like myself can figure that was 12 hours of sleep. It led up to more cramming and a final at 1230. It wasn't too bad, but I didn't have a clue how to do part of the major essay question and there's the normal self-doubt one has after a test. And now I write to you, major headache killing my head and no Tylenol in sight.

I get home tomorrow. On Saturday, my age makes a blackjack. I don't feel that old, but I guess I certainly look the part. Thinning, greased-up hair while wearing polo shirts, and whatnot.

No comments: