12/29/2003

During the lull that is the days between Christmas and New Year's Day, I hope you've had a fullfilling holiday. Receiving gifts and seeing long-lost friends like Ak and Steve and Jimmy has been the story of these holidays for me. For my birthday, I even got a cell phone. I can't even believe it. I swore I'd never get such a thing since I'm broke and I don't want people to get a hold me whenever they wanted. Since this phone is being paid for, then I don't mind if they can track me, I'll just turn the damn thing off when I want to. Don't worry, I'll try to leave it on when I can.

But amidst the DVD's and money I got for Christmas was the noteworthy gift from my friends Alex and Hai who always want to give such a, let's say, thoughtful gift. Before, I've gotten a piggy bank and a piggy pillow (erm, sleeping buddy like the tag writes) and now they've turned away from the pig theme and seeing as how I'm a math major, given me slippers of the Count from Sesame Street. And like I promised, I took a picture of the slippers, with a cameo appearance from the piggy.

The Count



As New Year's approaches, I'm working on the annual best/worst lists for movies in 2003. Contrary to popular belief, I've only seen 68 movies so far with a few more remaining until Oscar nominations roll out at the end of next month. The lists should be published within the next couple of days.

No comments: