9/25/2003

Man, what a bust. I was all set on watching The Rundown tonite. Yes, it was being shown at Wheeler, but I chose to go to Van Ness in the city. But the traffic killed us. We got there at 7:00 for the 7:30 show. One huge line awaited us and so we waited patiently as the line started to move. We were almost there with 6 people in front of us and then...it was a full house. No more people were allowed in. I was crushed. I'll actually have to pay money to see a movie by the Rock or, at the very least, watch it as part of a double or triple feature. I did get to see Matchstick Men, one of the few movies where I read the book prior to viewing. I know, what am I doing reading books? But hey, it was a really good film. I'll sit down and write some kind of review later.

Various torrent sites have the Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King trailer from Asia. It looks like a nice, relatively low-key trailer to a grand, if long, adventure. Sure, we know it has a Braveheart type battle and the resolution of Frodo's travels, but I don't think I can, or care to, spend 10 hours in a theatre to watch the whole trilogy again to see simply that before the film alone will be released, something more than a few I know want to do. Sure, the first two were good, but weren't they just boring?

Also out is the new Matrix: Revolutions trailer at the official website. This looks like the more adventurous third parter to see.

I'll be home this weekend, but it's all business. There's a midterm on Monday to study for and I'm here for my cousin Nathalie's wedding at Villa Montalvo.

No comments: