4/10/2003

And so ends another week and what a way to finish, two midterms! One was kinda OK and the other was better than last time, but still not very good. Hopefully, I'll luck out. I am way behind in every class so I'm staying here this weekend, but apparently I chose the wrong weekend to stay. This Saturday is CAL day, a time when all the little would-be freshmen get to come to campus and see what the best of Berkeley is, choosing to let them wait in suspense until the school year starts to see how bad things can get. From what I remember, Cal Day was a time to listen to the chancellor and walk around the campus. And that's about it. It's really for the kids. What does that mean for me? Crowded streets, crowded restaurants, lost people wondering where the heck Sproul Hall is. If you're rangled in to volunteer on this day, pray that you're stationed indoors and not on one of those walking tours.

Besides, I know all of you will be staying home to watch The Masters, right?

Or watching The Matrix: Reloaded trailer over and over and over and over and over...

One thing not going right are ASUC elections. As advanced as the Berkeley campus is, this is the first election where it's all computerized. As a result, there have been many glitches, so bad that they've extended elections until Monday. They don't even have enough computers to handle the demand. Come on, who would wait 30 minutes to vote in an election which elects people who have little or no power over anything?

Lizzie McGuire ads have been popping up all over the place. Is it humanly possible to stand on the top of your shoes with a bag in your hands?

Sean Penn's car was stolen in Berkeley in broad daylight. How weird is that?

Yasmine Bleeth was on Revealed the other night. Man, she's really let herself go.

"Holes: The book is now the movie." When was it a book?

There's something else I wanted to say but I've forgotten. Too much math stuff in my head. I'll try to remember it later.

No comments: