2/03/2003

Being bored out of my mind last night at the last of the New Year's parties (I'm spared from next week's parties), I scrolled through the channels on the television. There wasn't much on at 6:30 on a Sunday night but the cable lineup said Star Wars: A New Hope was on, and you can never watch Star Wars enough. Instead of watching Luke fighting his uncle about leaving the farm, I see Fat Ebert talking about Biker Boyz (Fast and the Furious...with Bikes!) Where was Star Wars? Then a little message came on top of the screen which wrote that due to the shuttle tragedy, it would be inappropriate to show Star Wars. What? While I do understand why this decision was made, Star Wars is all fantasy. It's not like actual space shuttles are out there fighting the Death Star. Besides, it's much more than a space movie. I didn't see the harm in showing it.

No harm, especially when I got to the FX network, where they were showing Armageddon of all movies. Now that's a movie that shouldn't have been shown, with two space shuttles being destroyed.

No comments: