2/21/2003

As made fun of on the Daily Show, the government has put out a preparedness web site, ready.gov, to further inform the public on what they should do to prepare for a terrorist attack and what to do if it actually happens. It truly is filled with tips such as "if you're on fire, don't run," and contains pictures of possible types of attack with a what to do below each one. Here are a few that looked interesting. Whoever drew these may have had Fight Club in mind.


This one apparently wants you to stand behind a wall when a nuclear bomb, or a sign with a nuclear insignia, goes off.


For some reason, if I knew a nuclear bomb had gone off, I wouldn't spend 5 minutes outside looking for it. Especially if its energy is focused as it's shown in the picture.


Make sure you are twice the size of your shelter.


If you're trapped under debris, remember to use the flashlight and whistle you keep with you at all times. If you don't have a whistle, shave your head and shout.


If I see dead fish, swirling gas, and a big chemical sign, I wouldn't spend my time pondering what the heck that is. Nor would I spend my precious thought bubbles thinking whether an aerosol can poses a biological threat. Better yet, I'd be running if I knew an aerosol can was spraying all by itself.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be rushing out to the hardware store to buy the duct tape and plastic sheeting needed to protect me from a nuclear, chemical, or biological attack.

No comments: