1/23/2003

Yesterday and today was nothing too exciting with the exception of my real analysis class, where we saw a different side of my professor. First, when he counts in his head and uses his fingers, he always starts with his middle finger, which kinda bothers me. And now a few choice lines:

"So what?...So what?...So what?...So what?...So what?...OK, now why?...So what?"--in response to a question he put out to the class.

"So what are you trying to say to me?"

"I just don't like it when I'm writing and you're asking a question or I'm talking and you're asking a question. Just wait until office hours and be quiet."

"And now I have a challenge problem for you!"--in some weird high-pitched voice.

Oh, and in my UCSD satellite class, the professor tries to put class participation from all 3 classes into all his lectures. But this is troublesome when he tries to tell a joke, when punchlines need to be told quickly. Yesterday, we were discussing Walras' Law when he asked a question to the UCLA folks that was meant to be a joke: "What is the common misspelling of Walras' name?" Obviously, it's Walrus but with satellite delay, it just made the joke worse than it already was.

No comments: