1/28/2003

Like I expected, the Super Bowl music wasn't a complete success. French-Canadian Celine Dion sang God Bless America. Oxymoron perhaps? Or just moron? The Dixie Chicks sang the national anthem. I dont know, I don't like it when people put their own personal touch on it. Shania Twain lip-synched. That was terrible. She goes into the crowd and her lips just stop moving. No Doubt and Sting were good, but they should've sang some newer songs. And what was with Sting's shirt?

I was in the bus today when I passed by the Hot Tub store. I've probably passed by it hundreds of times now, but today as the bus was stopped, I noticed their hours of operation. They're open from 11:00am to midnight. Midnight? There are many questions that are raised from this: What kind of hot tub store has to be open until midnight? What kind of things are happening over there? How can I get in on the action?

In the news today was the first U.N. weapons inspection reports from Iraq. Basically, they said we couldn't find anything because Iraq isn't willing to provide full disclosure. I always thought inspections weren't a good idea. I mean, Iraq is in a lose-lose situation. If they find weapons, it will force Bush to go to war to force Hussein out of power and remove the weapons. If they don't, it will force Bush to go to war to force Hussein out of power and find the weapons himself to remove them. So what's the point? Go to war now or leave them alone. Delays through inspection, indecision, and infighting shouldn't be an option.

Has anyone seen the commercials for this Final Destination 2? Have these people called their agents? Have they thought about the lines they are saying? Oh, "it's caused a rift in death's design." Please!

And I thought I'd never see this: Darkness Falls beats National Security for the top spot at the box office.

No comments: