11/12/2002

With midterms finally over, it unofficially ends the hardships of studying (at least until finals) and begins a short period of wonder and whimsy, which means I'll be broke soon. You see, the last six weeks of the year is crammed with occasions in which I'll be obligated to give some thought and go out to buy gifts. It's a chore, I'll have to set foot in a mall, and it empties my wallet really quick. I was figuring this out today so this will also be somewhat of a planner. And it all starts this weekend.

Family birthdays are the worst. November 17, 18, December 1, 27. Luckily, mine is on the 20th of December so money will be appropriate and needed.

On Christmas, everyone in the family gets a gift. That's six more.

December 7th is my parents' anniversary, #28.

Money is spent on the big holidays Thanksgiving and New Years. Hey, drinks are expensive.

Finally, it's the friends' birthdays. Some November one, forgot when, December 4, 22, 26, and January 8 if I got that right. Sorry, no time to get gifts. But if you want a nice meal, you got it. Apologies to those I forgot. Let me know when yours is and I'll include it.

Totally unrelated and in the back of my mind are the finals, December 11, 12, 13 (a Friday), and 18. At least there's none on my birthday, as has been the case for the last two years.

No comments: