11/25/2002

The Stanfurd Axe was slowly re-introducing itself to the Berkeley crowd by being prominently displayed at the Axe Rally today in Sproul Plaza. After the usual thank-yous and the band, it started to be paraded around campus, visiting each of the large lecture halls and interrupting classes. It was during its trip from VLSB to Evans when I got my time with the axe. I ran up to it and found an opening in the many rally comm members protecting it. I gave it a good pat and a wipe. And then it went ahead. I followed it for a while with my old dorm friend next to me. Along the way, a nameplate on the Axe fell off at the Faculty Club but it was easily fixed, blinds were closed when the Axe showed up outside a lecture hall window, and the crowd was disappointed when the Chancellor wasn't found at California Hall. I finished up cheering at Wheeler, where we interrupted an Econ lecture, and then went separate ways. I didn't have a camera with me, but rest assured, when it's paraded around next year when Cal beats Stanfurd again, I'll have a camera to document the whole thing.

No comments: