10/27/2002

As some of you know, I'm a stats reader. Now I think I've been fair in grading homeworks (90% average according to my figures). And how do the spoiled kids respond? They cheat. They copy off each other's homeworks. Now a little copying is fine, one problem here, another there, but when it's the entire thing, red flags go up. And that's just wrong. I've always been suspicious, but they've all been getting good grades so it's hard to see who's copying who. But with this weekend's somewhat difficult assignment, papers stand out. Already three sets of copying with about 25 more papers to grade. One even did a problem in the wrong chapter and then the other guy copied it!

It's not that hard to get full credit from me. You got the right answer? Ok, full credit. I don't need complete explanations or laid-out work. I don't read it. But at least do it yourself. Besides, the people you're copying off of may be wrong too (of the three sets out of 130 points: 62, 92, 101 earned).

No comments: