6/22/2002

Like most Americans, I was asleep at 4 am while the soccer team went down in defeat to the Germans in the World Cup. Man, just when I was starting to like soccer again. I do have to admit that those South Koreans can be a pretty wild bunch. Nice to see them in the semifinals even though they'll probably lose to Germany. My pick? Brazil wins it all.

Went to Olive Garden tonite for dinner. They have the slogan that when we're there, we're family. Let's see...waiting an hour for any sort of food to arrive. People who just don't care or even want to talk to you. Lots of yelling in the background. Food that doesn't taste right. Yep, seems like family all right.

Let me get this straight. In Colorado, a forest ranger burns a letter from her ex-husband, accidentally setting a wildfire big enough for the governor to say the whole state is burning. She tries to hide her tracks by saying she was putting out an illegal campfire, yet she confesses two days later. But when she's in court, she pleads not guilty. Huh?

Even though he failed a lie detector, some guy has said terrorists are planning to strike Las Vegas on the 4th of July. Guess where I'll be 4th of July?

No comments: