5/23/2002

Star Wars: Episode II -- Attack of the Clones
What's first? Attack of the Clones. I was looking forward to it. I'm sure everyone was. And when I watched it, boy was I disappointed. Don't get me wrong, those last 45 minutes were one of the greatest moments I've seen in the cinema. It's those pieces of film before that really bothered me. Hayden Christensen doesn't seem to have any acting ability in this movie. In fact, every time he showed to hit on Natalie Portman, it made me cringe and cover my eyes. I couldn't stand it. The fact that this dominated the first hour of the movie didn't help. If Lucas gave it more time, maybe spread it out a little more, it might've worked. Heck, it took three movies to get Han and Leia together.

In any case, it's an average movie, marginally better than The Phantom Menace. 2.5 stars

No comments: